Tier One Dental Announces New GALILEOS 3D Cone Beam X-Ray for Better Patient Treatment
Seguin, Texas – December 1, 2012 – Dr. Sam Henry and Dr. Brett McCown of Tier One Dental recently incorporated the GALILEOS 3D Cone Beam imaging scanner from Sirona into their practice. Sirona’s technology extends dental diagnostic X-ray imaging potential for better patient treatment. The visualization tools available in the software assist with a better, more certain diagnosis. This technology allows better coordination of treatment between offices and a way to visually explain findings to patients with greater clarity and accuracy.
“It’s very comprehensive and makes diagnosis and treatment safer, more predictable, and faster,” Dr. Henry said. Conventional images taken in most dental offices are two dimensional. “With the GALILEOS 3D Cone Beam we are seeing things we couldn’t see before,” Dr. McCown explained. The Sirona system provides a 3D image of the patient’s teeth and jaws on the computer screen which the doctor and patient can review together. The digital data file can also be sent to other specialists for review if needed. The GALlLEOS 3D system is extremely helpful when planning dental implant surgery since it can determine the correct size implant and exact location required for placing the implant safely. Combined with Sirona CEREC 3D imaging which is also available at
Tier One Dental, the GALILEOS 3D Cone Beam system allows for the custom design of implant placement guides specific to the patient. The result is faster, safer, more accurate, and more comfortable implant placement surgery.
GALILEOS not only shows 3D displays in perfect image quality, but also enables more complete navigation and diagnosis than the traditional 2D X-ray films. For Tier One Dental, the GALlLEOS 3D Dental Cone Beam solution offers:
- Very low radiation dose (95% less than conventional medical CAT scans)
- A quick, totally painless comprehensive scan of the complete oral-maxillofacial area in just 14 seconds
- Immediate virtual diagnosis and improved treatment planning for extractions, implant placement, root canal treatment, periodontal problems, previously undiagnosed dental pain, and TMJ problems
- More precision and safety during oral surgery, implant placement, root canal treatment, and periodontal treatment
- Easy sharing of images and diagnostic information with referring doctors
Dr. Henry and Dr. McCown explained that they want their patients to receive the best dental care possible right here in Seguin, Texas. For that reason, they invested in the latest technology in dental diagnostics, the GALILEOS 3D Dental Cone Beam scanner. If anyone wants more information feel free to call or come by the office for a tour.
For more information on GALILEOS